Motorcycles and Motorcyclist of the Central United States of America

Share | 

The BMW F 800 R

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: The BMW F 800 R   Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:38 pm

I really liked the looks of this bike even though many didn't, but every test I read on the bike said Vibration starts at 5000 RPMs and gets worse as it climbs to red Line. Thats too bad because it had good torque and horsepower for a middleweight bike. :no:

Back to top Go down
motohorseman
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The BMW F 800 R   Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:42 pm

I'm not sure if it is the red white and blue, or the other neat things, I also like it!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The BMW F 800 R   Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:19 pm

it might not have bad vibration at all. you have to ride it yourself to determine that. i found out everyone is different.

whats strange is i came into the forum tonite to post BMW's and i see this! Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Sister to the BMW F 800 R    Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:16 am

I kind of like the weird look of the F 800 R over the other more normal looking bikes. Here is the F 800 ST looking very normal.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The BMW F 800 R   Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:33 am

hacksaw wrote:
it might not have bad vibration at all. you have to ride it yourself to determine that. i found out everyone is different.

whats strange is i came into the forum tonite to post BMW's and i see this! Laughing

I would like to test ride one, but it wasn't the first time I heard the complaint, I had just forgotten it.

I went to the BMW site looking for a smaller red GS because there is one running around town that a Girl rides and with her is a guy on a 1200 Vivid Black Nightster. Sheryl has seen them 3 times and I have seen them once.

After seeing your thread I see that it is a GS-650 in Red she is riding. It looks cool but for some reason the guy on the Harley looks uncool riding with her. Maybe if he was leading it would help.

This is the biggest picture I could get of the Red bike.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The BMW F 800 R   Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:50 pm

Quote :
Maybe if he was leading it would help.

BWAH HA HA HA HA!!!!! Laughing

the BMW sites that use flash or whatever it is, one cant get the large pic off their site. i tried myself.
the ones that allow the larger pic to be copied, dont show the red bike option in pic form.

last nite i was trying to get away from the girl on the red 2009 G650G. tonite i surfed and searched and couldnt come up with her. except that last small pic.
BMW is nothing if not weird.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Hey Hack, More On The F 800 R Naked   Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:14 pm

I sat on the bike at the dealership and the seat was too low and the pegs too high for me. Sheryl didn't care for it either.

The F 650 GS is using the same 800 engine but detuned to 71 HP and 55 ft of torque felt very nice and shouldn't viberate like the F 800 R. The problem with it is they added everything they could to the bike to jack up the price.

$12090 before taxes for an 800 cc bike is too much even for BMW.. :(

WHO Needs a Tire Pressure Monitor for $250 bucks

ABS for $900

Anti-Theft Alarm for $395

On Board Computer for $295

Heated Grips $250

Low Suspension $250

Freight $495

They left off the centerstand at $175 that the bike could use, but had everything else to put the $9255 F 650 GS to over $12000 for a Middleweight bike.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The BMW F 800 R   

Back to top Go down

The BMW F 800 R
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Motohorseman :: Central Missouri Motorcycle Riders :: Motorcycles & Motorcycling-
Jump to: