Motorcycles and Motorcyclist of the Central United States of America

Share | 

Washington/Oregon......fun ride

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hank the Crank

PostSubject: Washington/Oregon......fun ride   Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:49 pm

This is a nice twisty chunk of road....Washington #129 / Oregon #3.......known locally as the 'Rattlesnake Grade'
Less travelled road between Asotin, Washington - Enterprise, Oregon.....winds down into the Grande Ronde canyon, and back out. The Grande Ronde River runs east into the Snake River canyon......(Evel Knievel)
Going into the canyon from the Washington side (Rattlesnake Grade).....10 miles = 110 curves.
Coming out of the canyon, heading south to Oregon (Buford Grade).....10 miles = 74 curves.
Enterprise, Oregon has a nice little industry....bronze casting....full size elk, buffalo, and others.
This ride is made for the 'sport bike' crowd........have done it many times on my FXR, and it always brings a smile to my face.
Clarkston, Washington and Lewiston, Idaho.....good starting point for many good rides...........happy trails,.... Henry
Back to top Go down
motohorseman
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Washington/Oregon......fun ride   Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:04 am

Hank the Crank wrote:
This is a nice twisty chunk of road....Washington #129 / Oregon #3.......known locally as the 'Rattlesnake Grade'
Less travelled road between Asotin, Washington - Enterprise, Oregon.....winds down into the Grande Ronde canyon, and back out. The Grande Ronde River runs east into the Snake River canyon......(Evel Knievel)
Going into the canyon from the Washington side (Rattlesnake Grade).....10 miles = 110 curves.
Coming out of the canyon, heading south to Oregon (Buford Grade).....10 miles = 74 curves.
Enterprise, Oregon has a nice little industry....bronze casting....full size elk, buffalo, and others.
This ride is made for the 'sport bike' crowd........have done it many times on my FXR, and it always brings a smile to my face.
Clarkston, Washington and Lewiston, Idaho.....good starting point for many good rides...........happy trails,.... Henry

Thanks - sounds like a ride I'd love to do someday!

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=washington+state&sll=38.895112,-77.036366&sspn=0.313699,0.756683&g=washington&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Washington&ll=45.995531,-117.256737&spn=0.140006,0.378342&z=12
Back to top Go down

Washington/Oregon......fun ride
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1