Motohorseman
Glad you're here
Motohorseman
Glad you're here
Motohorseman
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Motorcycles and Motorcyclist of the Central United States of America

TruGel Battery vs A Drill

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
motohorseman
Admin
motohorseman

TruGel Battery vs A Drill Empty
PostSubject: TruGel Battery vs A Drill   TruGel Battery vs A Drill I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 8:07 am

I saw an ad in Motorcyclist where a TruGel battery is shown with holes drilled in it and the light hooked to it is still lit - and not acid is leaking from the battery.

Intersting - so I went to the web site to check it out:

http://www.bikemaster.com/bmstrv2.nsf/Products/D0A5D51618DBEF8F862576B20074849F?opendocument

First, I was taken back, I "assumed" they drilled through the battery - nope, just the case.

Still cool though.

After reading more about this battery, and knowing the prices are very competitive, I'm thinking about ordering one for the FJ.

If for no other reason, I'm tired of checking/adding water..
Back to top Go down
Hank the Crank

PostSubject: Re: TruGel Battery vs A Drill   TruGel Battery vs A Drill I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 10:30 am

Fatfatboy wrote:
......Glass mat and gel are the only way to go any more. No maint. and they last for years, even with out a tender.

Have gel batteries in both bikes and a quad.....have used them for years. They will need to be on the 'tender' once a month.
I believe they were developed for the sea-do watercraft, where they could be upside down, and not leak. Great in a quad, upside down sometimes. The overall dimensions are smaller than the original equipment batteries that were in my H-Ds.
Could never go back to a 'wet' battery after having 'gel'.............
Back to top Go down
Thin Man

PostSubject: Re: TruGel Battery vs A Drill   TruGel Battery vs A Drill I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 3:39 pm

I didn't know about gel batteries. So this web site can very very helpful!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TruGel Battery vs A Drill   TruGel Battery vs A Drill I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TruGel Battery vs A Drill
Page 1 of 1