Motorcycles and Motorcyclist of the Central United States of America

Share | 

Avitar Pic

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Smoke-Dog

PostSubject: Re: Avitar Pic   Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:25 pm

I like it too, but i wonder why they didn't make it an inline four? Maybe to keep the cost down like you said...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Avitar Pic   Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:34 pm

Here is a link to the pic for a better look, ain't that cool for a price very close to what Honda wants for their new 250 single.

http://www.suzukicycles.com/en/Product%20Lines/Cycles/Products/GS500F/2009/~/media/A4B15AB7B46742C59D1B8389554EC06E.ashx
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: The GSX-650 F....A 4 Cyclinder   Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:47 pm

This one is a 4 cyclinder but a 650 that costs close to $8000 in 2009, but now with $1000 off and maybe 1.99% financing.

http://www.suzukicycles.com/en/Product%20Lines/Cycles/Products/GSX650F/2009/~/media/C17C746B82B94B48A5C1C2B23551DB48.ashx
Back to top Go down
motohorseman
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Avitar Pic   Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:29 pm

That is a nice looking motorcycle.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Have You Got Any In Stock?   Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:34 am

motohorseman wrote:
That is a nice looking motorcycle.

What do you have in stock for those sizes of bikes? And how about the 400 Motards or the 650 F?

I think too many factories are going to the 250 Motards when they really don't get around that well with those smaller motors. I think the DRZ-400 would be about as small as you could stand in the motard line.

My KLR650 Kaw gets me around pretty good but it is almost Motorless.. ha ha Iwould think the 500 F in my avitar would be a better choice for most road riding.
Back to top Go down
motohorseman
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Avitar Pic   Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:01 am

DJ wrote:

What do you have in stock for those sizes of bikes? And how about the 400 Motards or the 650 F?

I think too many factories are going to the 250 Motards when they really don't get around that well with those smaller motors. I think the DRZ-400 would be about as small as you could stand in the motard line.

My KLR650 Kaw gets me around pretty good but it is almost Motorless.. ha ha I would think the 500 F in my avitar would be a better choice for most road riding.

The dealership I work for stocks them all, almost everything, it is amazing, wish I had more time to just stroll around the showroom. I know the new Kawasaki ZX10 arrived last week, causing a fair amount of excitement. And one of the big Suzuki 1250's also showed up, along with a bunch of others.

Good stuff!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Rode The GoldWing to Missouri Yesterday   Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:39 am

Rode home without it several hours later.

Last edited by DJ on Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Avitar Pic   Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:04 pm

Congratulations, buddy.

Back to top Go down
motohorseman
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Avitar Pic   Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:25 am

DJ wrote:
Rode home without it several hours later.

That is an awesome motorcycle, I've always liked the classic boxer design.

Looking forward to hearing how well you like it and how it perfroms/holds up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: The Motorcycle For Tall People   Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:29 am

The only drawback to this bike for me is the height of it and the side stand has a weird bend to it so it leans way over to the left side when using it. I need to use the footpeg to step on to get on the bike but the lean makes it difficult.

I have to use a 2 by 4 with a 1 by 4 nailed to it for the bike to sit with a normal side stand lean.

I sat on one bike just like it with the tall seat on it and the reach from the seat to the pegs was perfect for me. I would have loves to have bought that bike for the great riding position but I could barely touch the tips of my toes to the floor.

I like the handling of the bike, I am right at home on it. The exaust note is very pleasing to my ears and the power is more than I normaly use and I don't have to wait for it.

It has a 6 speed and it displays which gear you are in at all times. It has spoked wheels and Tubeless tires. They run the spokes on the outside of the tire on the rim. I thought that was great until I noticed how hard it would be to clean the rim.

The bike has an On Board Computer, ABS, Heated Grips and I forget what they call it that lets you adjust your suspension with a button, ASC or something like that. It might have more that I haven't figured out yet.

Here is a picture where you can see the spoke set up on the wheel.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Thanks for the drink, Cheers   Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:38 am

Fatfatboy wrote:
Congratulations, buddy.

Thanks Kirk..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Avitar Pic   Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:15 am

DJ wrote:
Here is a picture where you can see the spoke set up on the wheel.

Now that is cool. First thing I thought when I saw your bike was "cool swing arm set up." and "SPOKED WHEELS! Why?" but after seeing the spoke wheel set up I can see.
Very nice.

BTW what is it? (the bike)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Its a BMW GS-1200   Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:18 am

I am riding it for a Naked bike. You could load it up with bags and tour with it and it works very well that way.

I have always liked they way my Motocross bikes sat, they fit me very well. So I bought the Suzuki Motard and liked it very much. But it isn't very happy on freeways and the seat isn't up to much more than 100 mile afternoons.

I bought the KLR-650 and like it very much too. Not much Motor but works pretty well for most riding. The GoldWing was a very nice bike with lots of great things but I didn't fit it very well.

So I traded it off for this BMW that feels alot like my dirt bikes but has a motor that is great fun to ride and is at home on the freeway too.

It will do sport riding something like the Harley XR-1200 but I feel better on it. I can run the same kind of roads I did on my Low Rider and my V-Max and go just as fast and it will go down the Highway better than either.

I was looking at the FatBoy and a Softail Custom and liked both but didn't care for one man I was going to have to deal with at Abernathy's and hated that Harley up't their low rate from 7.49% to 9.49% when everyone else was dropping theirs.

So I cut out the Guy and Harley's excessive interest by buying a bike that I have always liked.

The bikes I had in mind to trade for were the new Ducati Multrstrada, Ducati Supermotard, The BMW that I bought and the two Harley's I mentioned.

Last edited by DJ on Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:24 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : For Spellink)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Avitar Pic   

Back to top Go down

Avitar Pic
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Motohorseman :: Central Missouri Motorcycle Riders :: Motorcycles & Motorcycling-
Jump to: