Motorcycles and Motorcyclist of the Central United States of America

Share | 

I love the looks of This Bike, even though its Yellow

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: I love the looks of This Bike, even though its Yellow   Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:27 am

Or maybe because its Yellow. When I look at it everything seems to be just right to me. Not too many bikes I can say that about.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/en_US/Media/images/2011-Motorcycles/photo_gallery/pg_soflstf_dom_bs_en_US_w1024.jpg
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: I liked the Looks of this 96 Cubic Inch Wide Glide   Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:36 am

It had a good feel to it too when you sat on it on the Showroom floor but the seat just doesn't cut it. I rode one last year at Demo days and the bike didn't work for me at all. I was very dissapointed.

If I knew I could get a fat solo seat with about 5" of cushion I might buy one, but the engine of the dyna isn't the smoothest either. There is vibration in one rpm range but that is at highway speeds.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/en_US/Media/images/2011-Motorcycles/photo_gallery/pg_dyfxdwg_dom_bs_en_US_w1024.jpg
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I love the looks of This Bike, even though its Yellow   Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:53 am

I like the Fatboy, even in the yella. Don't care for the 200 tire and fat rear fender on the post 06 models but it is comfy.

The Wide Glide looks cool-a-moondo but as for comfort, it sucked. Shifting really sucked and forget about the rear brake for us short legged fella's.
Back to top Go down
motohorseman
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I love the looks of This Bike, even though its Yellow   Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:39 pm

That is not just yellow, that is a deep, beautiful yellow that is pretty awesome -

I'm not able to comfortably ride motorcycles with those forward foot controls, but that does not keep it from being pretty cool.

Maybe in my next life.....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I love the looks of This Bike, even though its Yellow   Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:18 pm

When I sat on the bike Saturday the Heel part of the Heel Toe shifter was in my way but since they just use two normal shifters to do that I could just remove the rear one and things should be fine.

I don't know what they could do for you Steve, I think in the old days when they had post seats you could have raised it up a bit.

The older I got, the more I have to have it My Way..

Back to top Go down
motohorseman
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I love the looks of This Bike, even though its Yellow   Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:44 pm

DJ wrote:
When I sat on the bike Saturday the Heel part of the Heel Toe shifter was in my way but since they just use two normal shifters to do that I could just remove the rear one and things should be fine.

I don't know what they could do for you Steve, I think in the old days when they had post seats you could have raised it up a bit.

The older I got, the more I have to have it My Way..

You pretty much summed it up pretty well. A little more seat height and maybe that would be fine - or at least tolerable.

Sportbikes are another one I'm just not able to ride any distance anymore.

Too much weight on my wrists, legs cramp up, in a way, it sucks.

Still ride them for QC's at work, luckily, those are short rides (that I'm sure will be extended from time to time!)

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I love the looks of This Bike, even though its Yellow   Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:38 am

DJ wrote:

I've removed the heel shifter on both the Ultra and the Fatboy because of that same reason.
Back to top Go down
motohorseman
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I love the looks of This Bike, even though its Yellow   Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:16 pm

I loved the heal/toe shifter on the VTX1800N I rode -

At the drag strip, it was a total blast stomping the heck out of it!

Those were fun times
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I love the looks of This Bike, even though its Yellow   

Back to top Go down

I love the looks of This Bike, even though its Yellow
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1