AuthorMessage

PostSubject: BMW R 1200 GS Picture   Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:37 pm

Full Size Link Pictured in Front of the Tents We Live In.. :oops:

Last edited by DJ on Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
motohorseman
Admin

PostSubject: Re: BMW R 1200 GS Picture   Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:52 am

Wow, awesome motorcycle - you have to give a full report on anything and everything whenever you can.

Great pic of Sheryl, that bike fits her well, but that jacket screams that she really wants to be on the motard!!! :D
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Some Updates   Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:33 pm

Today I rode the Motard, I missed riding it. Sheryl didn't ride today she had things to do.

For my favorite roads the BMW doesn't smooth out the rough stuff like my Suzuki Motard and the Kawasaki KLR650 does. As many times as I have traveled some of these roads, I have never found them to be rough until riding them on the BMW with the suspension set on Comfort (Soft).

The Kawasaki KLR-650 is the smoothest and soaks up the bumps the best of all of our bikes. It was better than the GoldWing too. The DRZ-400sm Suzuki is 2nd, it soaks up the bumps very well but the seat is hard. I can go the fastest down these roads on the Suzuki.

In certain places on I can go faster on the BMW because it is a faster bike and not all of the road has patches. I don't trust the tires on the KLR to push it all that hard but I can run a brisk pace on it.

Sheryl likes riding the Suzuki and she has the mesh Jacket that looks good when she is on it. But for some reason she doesn't ride it as fast as she does her Harley. She like how easy it is to ride the Zuk compared to her bike.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: My Bike At The Old Church In Kentucky   Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:23 am

The color looked great on the bike but for some reason the picture came up darker. The small Harley cooler came in handy for carrying my Gatorade and Junk. I need a better one.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Tank Bag   Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:01 pm

Yesterday I pulled the passenger seat off of the bike and unbolted the grab rail. So from my seat back it was flat. Then I put my tank bag back there in its place. Too bad BMW doesn't make a bag with the seat frame to side right in and drop into place instead of your passenger seat. That would really be nice.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Information On The Old Church   Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:14 pm

This sign is at the Church where we took a break. I took this last year when we stopped.

Back to top Go down
motohorseman
Admin

PostSubject: Re: BMW R 1200 GS Picture   Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:19 am

I'm thinking you are going to really enjoy the BMW.

ADVRIDER.COM has a huge following.

We sold another KLR650 yesterday, dual sports ROCK!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BMW R 1200 GS Picture   Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:15 am

I'm not tall enough for ADVRIDER.COM nor the bike.
Back to top Go down
motohorseman
Admin

PostSubject: Re: BMW R 1200 GS Picture   Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:54 pm

DJ wrote:
I'm not tall enough for ADVRIDER.COM nor the bike.

Want to trade it for a nice clean FJ1200? :D
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: I don't have the Adventure BMW   Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:51 pm

That bike is even taller, and has an Enduro Transmision. It also has a different seat that i would love if I could reach the ground.

I thought somewhere on the forum I posted a picture of the Yellow Adventure. I thought it would be perfect for you and your height.

2011 R1200GS Adventure
Shine Yellow
ESA
Heated grips
On Board Computer
ABS
Enduro Transmission
Saddle bag Mounts(aluminium)
Control operator Concept
Fog lights

Suggested Retail price $20,990.00

3 In Stock In This Color!!!

Back to top Go down
motohorseman
Admin

PostSubject: Re: BMW R 1200 GS Picture   Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:58 am

DJ wrote:
That bike is even taller, and has an Enduro Transmision. It also has a different seat that i would love if I could reach the ground.

I thought somewhere on the forum I posted a picture of the Yellow Adventure. I thought it would be perfect for you and your height.

2011 R1200GS Adventure
Shine Yellow
ESA
Heated grips
On Board Computer
ABS
Enduro Transmission
Saddle bag Mounts(aluminium)
Control operator Concept
Fog lights

Suggested Retail price $20,990.00

3 In Stock In This Color!!!

Yes, that would be great, a dream come true.

Or the new Yamaha 1200.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: I'm Yamaha'd Out   Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:37 am

The Yamaha wouldn't do it for me, I wanted the BMW engine in that style of bike. I'm Not going off roading with the bike.

Since two lane pavement is what I like to ride, the New Ducati Multistrada was a close choice for me too. The dealer was too far away for me and like I said, I like the Boxer engine.

Now that I have had time to check out the other bikes from BMW, I really like the F 800 GS too. Wish I could talk Sheryl into that one but she said it felt too tall for her. It is a lot of money for that bike too, the same price as the Yamaha, but a lighter bike.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BMW R 1200 GS Picture   

Back to top Go down

BMW R 1200 GS Picture
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1