Motohorseman
Glad you're here
Motohorseman
Glad you're here
Motohorseman
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Motorcycles and Motorcyclist of the Central United States of America

On the auction block

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
motohorseman
Admin
motohorseman

On the auction block Empty
PostSubject: Re: On the auction block   On the auction block I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 2:45 am

Fatfatboy wrote:
Well I've decided to put the trike up on the auction block. Spent the day cleaning it up . Then I had the wife and daughter follow me out on the highway so that I could put up some action shots with my ebay listing to show that it is a rider and not a yard ornament.

I'm already feeling a bit sad about selling it but I've decided to thin the heard. I'm just tired of sending checks to the DMV and the insurance man and I'd like to get a dual sport so somethings going to go.

After just one hour posted on ebay and its already got 4 viewers. I hope it sells well.

On the auction block IMG_4977

On another note the guy at the bike shop said that if I put the Concours back together he would like to buy it. Decisions, decisions....

The trike has some good old Mad Max flavor to it, going to be interesting to see what it brings.

I can relate with the decision thing, whatever one you make will be the right one.

Thanks for posting, best of luck!!!
Back to top Go down
motohorseman
Admin
motohorseman

PostSubject: Re: On the auction block   On the auction block I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 3:23 pm

$2425.00 is pretty good money in these times.

Nice to hear it went to a good home.

Can't wait to see what you buy next!
Back to top Go down
Hank the Crank

PostSubject: Re: On the auction block   On the auction block I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 11:37 pm

Fatfatboy wrote:
....Now,,the search is on for a dual sport.

Fatfatboy......what did you have in mind for a 'dual sport'...?
......two up...?
......have been contemplating a 'dual sport' also...
Back to top Go down
Hank the Crank

PostSubject: Re: On the auction block   On the auction block I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 8:50 pm

Mostly interested in the KLRs....there are a lot of them here, as there are so many backroads and logging roads.
Haven't looked at much else yet......
Congrats on your XT.....good lookin scoot......Hank
Back to top Go down
motohorseman
Admin
motohorseman

PostSubject: Re: On the auction block   On the auction block I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 5:30 am

Looks like a great bike there Kirk!

You know the routine, do the maintenance required ASAP (valve clearance inspection/adjustment). I'm sure Terry would be willing to help out.

I've owned a few 400's of the same basic design, and they all required a wonderful starting process. If you did not do one of the several steps exactly right, including holding your mouth just right, it would not start easily.

If all was good, and the earth and moon and everything else in the universe was in phase, one kick was all it would take.

Anyway, I bet that bike is high on the smiles per gallon!!!
Back to top Go down
motohorseman
Admin
motohorseman

PostSubject: Re: On the auction block   On the auction block I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 7:30 pm

Fatfatboy wrote:
Steve,
As you know starting is a process. But as long as I do it right it starts without issue. Fortunatly I live on a big hill so on mornings when I'm lazy, like this morning, I just bump start it. After that it starts pretty easy as long as I let it warm up first. If I just start it, run down to the store and shut it off its a bear to start.

I ordered a manual for it and as soon as it shows up I'm going to do all the maintainence stuff. Right now I just check chain, tires and oil.

I always thought the starting process helped build the connection between one and the machine. Added character to the bike. The powerband was extremely enjoyable.
Back to top Go down
Smoke-Dog

Smoke-Dog

PostSubject: Re: On the auction block   On the auction block I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 12:19 am

Big bro got a dual sport!!! I have KX250 that i plan on converting to a supermoto so watch out!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: On the auction block   On the auction block I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

On the auction block
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Motohorseman :: Central Missouri Motorcycle Riders :: Motorcycles & Motorcycling-
Jump to: