Motohorseman
Glad you're here
Motohorseman
Glad you're here
Motohorseman
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Motorcycles and Motorcyclist of the Central United States of America

Slow jet of the week

Go down 
AuthorMessage
motohorseman
Admin
motohorseman

Slow jet of the week Empty
PostSubject: Slow jet of the week   Slow jet of the week I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 8:46 pm

This bothers me.

A gentleman brings in his scooter, a 2005 Honda Metropolitan - with only 43 miles on it.

He said that he had "us" clean the carb early last year, he put a few miles on it and then parked it and did not touch it.

Would not start up, imagine that.

Carb clean was in order, common on those machines, but what I found really ticked me off.

First, I am not positive the owner did not attempt a repair himself, but he did not say he did, so I'm assuming what I found was caused by a technician that worked for the company when I first started, but "did not work out".

Second, after unbolting the seat and base, I found the throttle cable had loose 12mm nuts, never tightened, bad thing.

Next, the fuel line was missing it's clamp and one of the coolant hoses was as well.

A sign of things to come.

Inside the carb, I found the throttle slide was stuck closed thanks to varnish, but nothing horrible. Pulled the bowl, did not look horrible, then I noticed the jets were buggered up a little, then I removed the slow jet and, well, here - have a look:

Slow jet of the week SlowJet-1

If you do not know anything about slow jets, the bottom half of this one is missing.

Shocked

Bad deal, explained why the air screw was only out a quarter turn.

Ordered a new one, plus a new main, and a new air screw set and a gasket.

Be good as new very soon.

Heard tell that tech that I believe did the work is working for another dealership.

This is not the first "call back" for him I have had......

Back to top Go down

Slow jet of the week
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Motohorseman :: Central Missouri Motorcycle Riders :: Scooters-
Jump to: