Motohorseman
Glad you're here
Motohorseman
Glad you're here
Motohorseman
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Motorcycles and Motorcyclist of the Central United States of America

Some Ride Pictures

Go down 
AuthorMessage
motohorseman
Admin
motohorseman

Some Ride Pictures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Ride Pictures   Some Ride Pictures I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 8:53 am

Great pictures, I'd love to be able to get my wife a RS, especially now after your report.
It does look like her chain might be ready for adjustment.

The VMax still looks great, you have done a good job keeping it up.

Thanks DJ!
Back to top Go down
motohorseman
Admin
motohorseman

Some Ride Pictures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Ride Pictures   Some Ride Pictures I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 8:34 am

You know, after your comment about it being in adjustment and my looking closer, it does seem the countershaft sprocket it lower than I thought.

I forgot that it is fuel injected. I bet you are right, opening up the airbox a bit might help it a bit.

Fun stuff, mods are!

Back to top Go down
motohorseman
Admin
motohorseman

Some Ride Pictures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Ride Pictures   Some Ride Pictures I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 9:19 am

DJ wrote:
I don't know for sure anymore with my old eyes, I wouldn't put up much money that I was right. But it was recently checked and I couldn't find it to be out of spec.

I think opening the air box would help but she gets pretty close to 60 mpg and doesn't use all the engine now. But if it was mine, I'd open it up and maybe either drop a tooth up front or go up 2 or 3 on the back.

4 th gear will pull into the 80's and not much happens when you hit 5th on the RS. It would be nice if someone at Honda would give some help for this slug. 🇳🇴

Some of the Honda VTwin 750's had the chain adjustment almost all the way to the back from new, making it really easy to put a slightly larger rear sprocket on there.

Sounds like her bike could really use it, I vote for you to try it and report back!!!

Fun stuff
Back to top Go down
motohorseman
Admin
motohorseman

Some Ride Pictures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Ride Pictures   Some Ride Pictures I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 9:56 am

I'm glad to hear the gearing change made a positive difference! I still really like the looks of the 750, just seems right.

Thanks for posting up, GREAT to hear from you!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Some Ride Pictures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Ride Pictures   Some Ride Pictures I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Some Ride Pictures
Page 1 of 1