Motohorseman
Glad you're here
Motohorseman
Glad you're here
Motohorseman
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Motorcycles and Motorcyclist of the Central United States of America

Tom Novak's Blown 427 Bike

Go down 
AuthorMessage
sBk
Admin
sBk

Tom Novak's Blown 427 Bike  Empty
PostSubject: Tom Novak's Blown 427 Bike    Tom Novak's Blown 427 Bike  I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 1:13 pm

Tom Novak's Blown 427 Bike  53596_297949690305534_1238753160_o

Quote :
Quoted from Nolan Woodbury:

A true two-wheeled behemoth, (Tom) Novak started construction of his injected, big-block powered dragster in 1977. “I envisioned smoky quarter-mile burnouts” he laughed, crawling around the hulking machine before squirting a some starter fluid into a couple of the injectors and lighting if off. A thundering beast, the Big Bike uses a frame design similar to that of his small-block powered street bike. Even though it features a weight saving 427-CI Can Am aluminum block, the sheer mass, power and leverage caused by the monstrous 16.5 x 32 x 15" rear slick makes the machine impossible to navigate on anything but level ground. A ZL-1 tune, Novak has upped the ante with a 10-71 Bowers magnesium blower with one Stromberg 97 two-barrel for each cylinder. Power transfer is handled by a two-speed Powerglide using a two-disc Cowerglide clutch, all housed in a quick-change primary that uses triple-row roller chains. I didn’t ask where the carbine-sized drive chain came from but regardless, it has its work cut out for it.

http://www.vintagemotorcyclesonline.com/zenphoto/index.php?album=sidewinders
Back to top Go down
https://motohorseman.forumotion.com

Tom Novak's Blown 427 Bike
Page 1 of 1