Motorcycles and Motorcyclist of the Central United States of America

Share | 

Honda VT750RS

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
motohorseman
Admin

PostSubject: Honda VT750RS   Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:47 pm

Our 2011 Honda VT750RS arrived today, and I thought about buying it on the spot.

It looks really good, Evil Knievelish as anything ever was.

Looks so much better in person, I need to drag my camera out ASAP!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Honda VT750RS   Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:12 am

Our dealer still has the first one they got in when they started making the RS-750 last year. I liked the looks of the bike right from the start but for 8 grand it needs some go to it to go along with its looks.. :no:

Is there anything you can do to make it run like it should, what has Honda got to wake up this motor? :?:
Back to top Go down
motohorseman
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Honda VT750RS   Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:43 am

DJ wrote:
Our dealer still has the first one they got in when they started making the RS-750 last year. I liked the looks of the bike right from the start but for 8 grand it needs some go to it to go along with its looks.. :no:

Is there anything you can do to make it run like it should, what has Honda got to wake up this motor? :?:

I'm not aware of any Honda performance parts for the machine. Surely there are cams and pistons and the like available, this engine has been around forever. And the 3 valve heads must flow somewhat decently....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Honda VT750RS   Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:59 am

Harley Dealers can turn up the wick on their bikes with better air flow, pipes and re-set it on the computer to give them a good shot in the arm. FatFat's Super Glide was breathed on and was a good runner.

Seems like yous guys should have something along the lines of a pc111 and dial it up about 10 hp. The bikes been out for a year, seems like someone would have a new Map for it.

Honda comes out with a new bike that looks good but the only complaint is NO Power. So Honda gives it a Faster Looking Paint Job... Come-on-Mannn
Back to top Go down
motohorseman
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Honda VT750RS   Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:42 am

hacksaw wrote:

only a real dork would ride one of those hondas.
honda was once a true innovation. they nearly put HD out of bizz.
now look how they copy harley. if there ever was a honda clone, this is it.
the whole honda organization should be ashamed. :x

You may not make it here.

Your comments seem to be more than a little bit against the "Ride for one, Ride for all" motto.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: I would Ride The Bike, Must Be a Dork.   Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:06 am

I thought we had more posts than this on this bike, where did they go.. :?:

Yup, Hack is Right, As soon as you see one you think Sportster and it upsets many Harley people, they think "Harley Copy" and they are PO. But it doesn't bother me because I can't walk across the street and Buy a Harley Sportster like it anymore.

Harley makes every version of the Sportster you can think of except the one everybody loved, The Normal Friggin' Sportster. Fk Low this, Low that, solo seat, no seat, fat tires skinny tires, custom this. flat black that.

Give me a God Dammed Sportster like they made up until the Air Heads took over the factory after this turn of the century. Travel in the forks, travel in the shocks and make them work properly.

I want a reliable V-twin Engine that will run at least 115 mph that doesn't shake your teeth out.

Well Honda made a good stab at it but missed the boat because it won't even run with the 883 Iron. If they made the Son of a B run, I'd ride the shyt out of it... dj
Back to top Go down
motohorseman
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Honda VT750RS   Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:50 pm

DJ wrote:
I thought we had more posts than this on this bike, where did they go.. :?:

The ADMIN removed some of the negative posts from one contributor. There is another that I think should be pulled as well, but for now, it stays.

Saying that only a dork would ride a particular motorcycle is fine, just find another forum to say it in.

In here, we ride for one and we ride for all, that comment did not sit real well with the original intent of this forum.

Hopefully we all understand......

Back to top Go down
motohorseman
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Honda VT750RS   Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:55 pm

DJ wrote:

Well Honda made a good stab at it but missed the boat because it won't even run with the 883 Iron. If they made the Son of a B run, I'd ride the shyt out of it... dj

I am a little stunned that Honda did not give it more power - come on Honda, water cooled, 3 valve heads, it should be a runner!

Cam timing, cams maybe? The 9.6-1 compression is not real high, maybe some old school hot-rodding would wake this bike up - But I've not seen a really strong aftermarket for performance parts for this engine.

Makes one wonder - is that a nitch that should be filled?

Hummmmmmmmmmm
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Honda VT750RS   

Back to top Go down

Honda VT750RS
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1